Slough Museum relies on volunteers to operate. Over the years, many local (and not so local) people have volunteered their time and expertise to help operate the museum.
Volunteering with the museum can be an enjoyable and fulfilling experience:
- Meet people and make new friends
- Learn about Slough’s history
- Learn new skills – for example historical research techniques, archive and artefact handling and management
- Help to collect new material, including oral histories
- Help to share Slough’s heritage with others
The museum collection and administration is now based at Langley Campus and the permanent collection is based at The Curve. We also run a programme of events and activities at locations throughout Slough.
We are currently looking for volunteers to help his with the following:
- Volunteer treasurer – this role would suit someone with experience of preparing monthly management accounts and end of year accounts for a small organisation
- Event volunteers – to help us staff stands at various shows and events in Slough through the year
- Activities volunteers – to help an existing volunteer deliver our monthly ‘Saturday Club’ at the Curve
- Activities volunteers – to help deliver new activities at The Curve and other locations around Slough, including handling sessions with objects from the collection and ‘then and now’ sessions with our collection of images
- Collections volunteers – to help with cataloguing and conserving the collection